Breakfast Ideas: Egg Frittata Recipe
SWEET POTATO & FETA FRITTATA
If you’re looking for a frittata recipe that’s healthy, easy and delicious, you’ve come to right place. This baked frittata recipe has potatoes, eggs, cheese, and some fresh veggies. Everyone could use a few more healthy breakfast ideas that are still savory and delicious, and we promise this one won’t disappoint!
Let’s take a look at how to make a frittata:
Egg Frittata Ingredients:
2 small sweet potatoes, cooked
1/2 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 big handfuls of spinach
5-6 eggs (up to you)
A pinch of nutmeg
Salt & pepper
4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
A handful of fresh thyme
Pin This Recipe! ↓↓↓
How To Make a Frittata:
1. Spray or grease a round ramekin/oven proof dish with oil.
2. Peel the skin off your sweet potatoes - I used leftover cooked sweet potato that I had in the fridge but you can microwave/bake if needed.
3. Cut sweet potato into cubes and scatter in the base of your dish.
4. Sauté your onion and garlic in a drizzle of olive oil on medium heat.
5. Once translucent throw in your spinach and cook until weltered.
6. Place the onion mixture over the sweet potato, followed by the crumbled feta and a good amount of fresh thyme.
7. Crack your eggs in a small bowl, add a pinch of nutmeg and some salt and pepper then scramble.
8. Pour this into your ramekin.
9. Add your cherry tomatoes, make sure you push them into the egg mixture, sprinkle a tad more thyme on top then place in the oven on 350F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
Created by TOFM Contributor:
See the rest of TOFM
Share with the buttons below!