Year Founded: 2015
Founder: Allyson Straka
About: Frozen Garden was sprouted to fill the gap in the average American diet by creating a complete nutrient dense and convenient smoothie solution without any powders, supplements or gimmicks.
We believe in making real food for real people from real farmers. When available, we source our ingredients from local farmers who are dedicated to sustainability and being good stewards of the Earth.
Our distinct smoothie flavors are handcrafted using 100% whole fruits, vegetables, seeds and spices. Each pouch makes one 20oz smoothie when blended with water. All you need to do is add water and blend!
Company History: Wanting a more balanced diet, in 2006, Founder Allyson Straka started drinking green smoothies every day (and still does!). When she got pregnant with her first daughter, she started thinking about the food we put in our bodies. She became obsessed with what’s really in the food we eat. After her second daughter, she left the corporate world to become a certified Holistic Health Coach, so she could spread the real food movement to as many people as possible.
THE REAL FOOD MOVEMENT AND CHANGING THE FOOD SYSTEM
As a health coach, she taught clients how to reduce their consumption of processed foods while getting back in their kitchens to cook real, nutrient-dense foods from scratch. For many, finding the time to shop and cook from scratch was the biggest roadblock. Clients would often complain about not being able to buy any “convenient” products.
Allyson turned her frustrations into an opportunity and set out to make a change. She wanted to create a healthy and convenient solution without chemicals or additives and prove that it is possible to eat healthy. She was talking with her dad about the challenge and he asked, “If you could get your clients to do just one thing to improve their health, what would it be?”
Without hesitation she said, “Well, drink green smoothies every day.”
He responded, “How do you make that easier and more convenient for them?”
That’s how Frozen Garden was born.
FROZEN GARDEN TODAY
Frozen Garden has come a long way since selling its first Frozen Garden green smoothie in 2016 including:
• Expanding from selling out of a small office in Chesterton, Indiana to a small production facility just down the road in Valparaiso.
• Selling smoothies in nearly 100 retailers across Indiana, Illinois and Michigan and adding more stores each week.
• Growing their retail footprint into the rest of the Midwest and beyond.
• Increasing their shipping zone from 11 Midwest states to the Lower 48.
• Continuing to create new and innovative smoothie flavors with plans two new flavors released in summer 2018.
• Inducted into the Society of Innovators of Northwest Indiana for creativity, innovation and promoting economic growth across the region.
Discover other innovative companies on The Online Farmers Market
Check out our Healthy and Delicious Recipes
Use tags below to find more brands by category or specialty ↓↓↓