Easy Fresh Tomato Garlic Penne Pasta Recipe | Vegan & Gluten Free
An easy and delicious one-pot pasta recipe? Sign us up! This pasta dish is vegan and gluten free, made with fresh vegetables, and perfect for any dinner occasion.
This is one of the healthiest homemade pasta dishes we know how to make, and we can’t wait for you to make it too! Healthy doesn’t mean we gave up any flavor, this vegan pasta dish is creamy, tangy, and certifiably delicious.
We like to skip the 6 paragraphs of how we learned to make this dish, and what’s the origin of pasta, and just get right to the good stuff!
Note: We chose to make this pasta recipe with Banza Pasta, which is a gluten free, high-protein pasta made from chickpeas. However, feel free to use any gluten free pasta or traditional pasta.
25 Minutes Cook Time - Serves 2-4
Pasta Dish Ingredients:
1 Box Banza Penne Pasta
10 Pearl Onions Pealed and Sliced in Half
2 Large Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1/4 Cup Broccolini (just the tops)
1/4 Cup Filtered Water
1 Tomato Chopped
Juice From Half of a Lemon
1 1/2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
1 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Ground Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
Pin This Recipe! ↓↓↓
1) In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water per box instructions.
2) Once cooked, drain most of the water but leave enough to keep pasta moist. Set aside cooked pasta.
3) In same pot, or in a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
4) Put in pearl onions and sauté till any part of them browns slightly.
5) Add the minced garlic and broccolini. Stir around and sauté for 30 seconds.
6) Then add the chopped tomato, lemon juice, and seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika)
7) Reduce heat (between simmer and medium) and sauté these ingredients together for 2 minutes.
8) Add the 1/4 cup of filtered water, stir, and let the sauce cook down to about half.
9) Turn heat to low, and add 1 1/2 Cups of the cooked pasta to the sauce. Pour in the Nutritional Yeast.
10) Stir together and let cook for a couple of minutes. Serve hot from the pan!
There you have it. An easy, fresh pasta dish, that you can make In A Snap! Be sure to tag us @TheOnlineFarmersMarket and #InASnapRecipe for a chance to be featured on our page! We can’t wait to see your renditions!
In A Snap is a series of easy, healthy, and delicious recipes created by The Online Farmers Market. We love great food made with great ingredients, and love sharing all of our recipes with our community.
Buy Banza Pasta